Thursday, October 13, 2016

Creativity

Tyler Hughes
10/13/16
Period 5
         
                                                        Creative Writing Story

I was driving home from work when I got a call from Ben saying how there was an accident on route 95 with a 4 hour delay.Since it was raining and I didn't want to add to the number of accidents today,I chose to play it safe and spend the night at the local motel.I pulled up front to the nearest one on my map and called Jean to tell her where I was as not to make her worry and Id be home first sign of daylight. I went to the lobby where I saw the old owner trying to find someway to occupy his time.I asked him if he had rooms open for cheap,as I was planning on staying only a night.When he gave me the key he gave me a worried look as he looked at the room number,119.I asked if he was ok and he asked me a strange request.'Look pal,best thing you can do is stay away from the room 118 next to ya,nuthin goods gonna come from that room."I obliged as I didn't want to upset him,and went on my way.I found my room,made my bed,and tried to sleep.For some reason,I just couldn't. Maybe it was work or I was worried about Jean,But I couldn't drift off to slumber.I decided to pass the time and try to think about something else,like the room the old man was talking about,what could that be all about anyway?I mean,what harm could a room do?Especially one thatS not even occupied?My curiosity got the best of me and before I knew it,I was getting dressed and heading out the door to my forbidden neighbors.I stood outside 118 and didn't know what I expected,I decided the best option was to look through the keyhole.I looked through and saw a young girl,maybe in her late teens,just staring at the wall opposite to me,I found it odd,if not creepy,considering the room was supposedly vacant,and headed back to my own I found it much easier to fall asleep this time as my curiosity was cured.When I woke up,I grabbed my things and headed out the door.As I locked it,I remembered my strange encounter last night and chocked it up as being my over active imagination,but I had to be sure.I decided to look through the keyhole to room 118 one last time.Instead of a girl however,it was completely red.A deep red at that.I told myself that whoever was in that room must have known I was there and covered up the keyhole. Embarrassed,I headed back to tell the old man about the girl in the vacant room.After all,If I had to pay for a room,shouldn't everyone else?When I told him about my encounter,he just shook his head.'Listen,since you looked through the keyhole,I might as well tell ya the whole story.Couple years ago,couple teens checked out that room for the night.The day after when they were supposed to check out,I headed up to see what the problem was.When I opened the door,this poor girl was completely eviscerated across the entire room,they caught the guy couple miles south and locked him up for life"Officially creeped out and visibly shaken,I decided to leave the place and not look back.As I opened the front door and proceeded to walk out,I heard the old man one last time."Wait pal,I didnt even tell you the creepiest part yet!Apparently when the cops found the girl,Her Eyes were a deep red!Can you believe that!"

No comments:

Post a Comment